Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What would a typical Summer Break lunch look like?

I've had several people ask me what we typically eat over summer break since I don't tend to make Bento unless we're going out of the house or the kids are in Kindergarten.


Especially in this heat, I try to keep things really simple. For the kids, I'd made some macaroni and cheese from scratch (recipe coming soon!), boiled some corn on the cob and baked some sweet potatoes. Yep, they're still not 100% Paleo or GAPS.

Macaroni and cheese, corn, sweet potato

For myself, I'd taken some cabbage and steamed it in a pan with a little oil, salt and sugar - and then I threw some ground chicken into the pan and spiced it just a tad. That went on top of my cabbage, and I'd made a salad with tomatoes and mozzarella.

Salad, cabbage and ground chicken
Honestly, there isn't anything much more filling or quick to make in the kitchen in this sort of heat.
Gluten free does not have to be complicated. Gluten free food is totally what you make it.

Stay healthy out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment